VOCABULARY TEST 3

VOCABULARY TEST
LOOK AHEAD CHAPTER 2 PART 1

1. I can't _____________ it. The pain is getting worse and worse.
2. My throat is painful when I _____________ something.
3. I feel hurt when the doctor gives me a/an _____________
4. The doctor gives me a/an _____________ for some capsules.
5. I'm delighted to hear that you've passed your exam with _____________
6. A: Don't you like my perfume?
B: No. On the _____________. I'm very _____________ with it.
7. Ouch, it's very painful. I've _____________ one of my ankles.
8. Oh, that's _____________. I can't _____________ that terrible experience.
9. Long time ago, mosquitoes didn't _____________, they talked and talked.
10. Iguana just grumbled and _____________ her tail.
11. Antony went back to Egypt and joined Cleopatra's army to fight _____________ Rome
12. Being _____________ of the losst, Antony took his own life with his sword.
13. Antony went to Egypt to check if Cleopatra had _____________ a plot against Rome.
14. The hawk flew _____________ from the sky.
15. "Throw that ring _____________!" shouted the rooster.
16. The hawk cursed the hen, "Now, you'll always be _____________ the earth and I'll always be flying above to catch your children."
17. The _____________ hurt the moon's eyes and made the moon _____________.
18. The moon left the sun although the sun had _____________ to the moon.
19. Anne Boleyn became the Lady-in-waiting into the _____________ of Catherine of Aragon, King Henry VIII's first wife.
20. The King tried to make Anne his _____________
21. Anne waited for 7 years for Henry to obtain a/an _____________ of his marriage with Catherine of Aragon.
22. Inspite couldn't give the King the son he desperately needed for a/an _____________, Anne was _____________ at the Tower of London.
23. The snake _____________ down a rabbit hole.
24. The rabbit _____________ out of the hole terrified of the snake.
25. An owl's nest _____________ the branch and fell to the ground, _____________ the owl's eggs.
26. In _____________ to die peacefully, I must tell my story.
27. In a/an _____________, I killed the cat.
28. The _____________ tells that a cat has nine lives.
29. The cat often _____________ at me with a strange and hatred look.
30. I hide my wife's body inside the _____________ wall.
31. The cat got between my feet and nearly made me _____________ the stairs.
32. I lifted a stick and _____________ the wall in which I had buried my wife.
33. The police were _____________ and they tore the wall down.
34. If the palm of your left hand _____________, you're going to get some money.
35. If you _____________ a mirror, you'll have 7 years bad luck.
36. Although she wouldn't agree to do it, we persuaded her and even _____________ her.
37. We couldn't come on time because there was a traffic _____________ on the highway.
38. The bull _____________ at the matador who quickly _____________ to one side.

Words Bank:

against
annulment
apologized
ashamed
at once
beat
begged
beheaded
blind
break
breaking
buzz
cellar
contrary
dashed
down
flying colors
forget
heir
injection
itches
jam
mistress
order
pleased
prescription
rage
scary
scratching
scurried
service
slithered
sprained
stand
stared
sunlight
superstition
suspicious
swallow
swerved
tipped off
trip down
uncovered
waved

VOCABULARY TEST
LOOK AHEAD CHAPTER 2 PART 2

1. In the night, Coyote and Eagle, two friends _____________ the desert.
2. Coyote could not _____________ anymore because he couldn't see at night.
3. It was dangerous to _____________ the Sun and the Moon.
4. The light of the Sun was so _____________ that it blinded Coyote's eyes.
5. If the _____________ of a satellite is slightly off at _____________, it will get worse as the flight progresses.
6. If light strikes a rough _____________, it will be diffused.
7. If you didn't drink so much coffee, you wouldn't be so _____________
8. I always give a _____________ if they get good marks.
9. Ouch! Stop _____________ me.
10. The Sun and the Moon invited the Ocean to their _____________
11. The nurse come into Juliet's room and _____________ to meet her.
12. Romeo was _____________ for killing Tybalt.
13. I've passed the _____________ test at the university.
14. While swimming, suddenly your left leg was getting _____________
15. On the way home she met three _____________ men.
16. These three men raped her _____________
17. The ghost took _____________ on them.
18. The fear is _____________ ino my heart.
19. After that, everything was in _____________
20. They cried for the Sun to _____________
21. The Sun loved the Moon very much, so he _____________ her.
22. They will never _____________ again.
23. She was _____________ of witchcraft, incest, and adultery.
24. Elisabeth succeeded the English _____________ after King Henry VIII
25. "What's wrong??" _____________ a crow.
26. The monkey landed on owl branch high up in a _____________ tree.
27. The owl was heartbroken that she didn't _____________ fo the Sun to come up.
28. Why do _____________ change color?



Words Bank:

banished
bright
brutally
cawed
chameleons
chased
come up
convicted
cottage
cramped
creeping
drunken
entrance
hoot
hunt
hurried
launch
leafy
mess
nervous
pinching
reunite
revenge
reward
surface
throne
trajectory
trick
wandered













VOCABULARY TEST
LOOK AHEAD CHAPTER 2 PART 3

1. I was in a very bad _____________
2. I hung the poor _____________ until it was dead.
3. The cat had a white _____________ on its chest.
4. If you _____________ a mirror, you'll have seven years bad luck.
5. I saw a kitten in a_____________
6. He was _____________ by the interruptions.
7. The big tree was _____________ by the storm.
8. The car was _____________ by a truck.
9. A few minutes ago it started raining hard and now the _____________ was coming down.
10. It appeared so suddenly that I couldn't stop my car and hit the shadow.
11. After about a minute, the lights started _____________ on and off.
12. Somebody _____________ me to go into the bedroom in the basement.
13. I finally realized that the girl was _____________, "Beware, he's coming."
14. I felt a _____________ on my back.
15. I ran out screaming and my friends _____________ of me.
16. Dr.Watson is a _____________ British army doctor.
17. My father and yours were friend during their _____________ in India.
18. He was killed by poisoned _____________ and the treasure was gone.
19. The _____________ was showing no signs of stopping.
20. He shouldn't have turned off the _____________ going up the hill.
21. It ran _____________ from an old Chinese cemetery.
22. Halil _____________ his beam of light in that direction.
23. He saw a pair of _____________ eyes staring at him.
24. The woman _____________ at Halil, making his eyes opened wide _____________
25. He quickly _____________ his car and sped away as his legs _____________
26. I could _____________ see the bumpy _____________ road ahead of me.
27. A _____________ burst of thunder followed it.
28. Beads of _____________ sweat rolled down my neck and back.

Words Bank:

across
break
clammy
creature
crimson
dared
deafening
downpour
drain
flicker
gravel
grinned
hardly
in terror
infuriated
lane
made fun
patch
retired
reversed
service
shone
shower
suddenly
tap
temper
thorn
towed
trembled
uprooted
uttering




--
Shigenoi Haruki

Comments

Popular Posts