LOOK AHEAD CHAPTER 1 (mixed)
1. They therefore breathe air but cannot ___________ on land.
2. Some species are very large indeed and the blue whale which can exceed 30 m in ___________, is the largest animal to have lived on earth.
3. Its tail consist of a pair of broad, ___________ horizontal paddle and it has a single nostril on top of its large, ___________ head.
4. The skin is smooth and shiny and ___________ it lies blubber.
5. ___________ of fierce dog!
6. Should I ___________ my chemistry class?
7. I would feel better knowing what's ___________
8. I have a problem ___________with relationship.
9. Do you ___________ if I smoke?
10. I ___________ forbid you.
11. Arachnids have four ___________ pairs of legs.
12. In the ___________ of some rooms it is possible to find a spider's web.
13. Spider passes a poison through its ___________ to paralyze its dinner guest.
14. A volcano is a ___________ which is formed by the eruption of material from the earth's ___________.
15. A composite volcano has more frequent and violent ___________ eruptions than shield volcano do.
16. Lava may be ___________ from either central crater or fissures on volcano sides.
17. The insect's abdomen contains its digestive and ___________ organs.
18. Crocodiles have long tails and the ___________ are short and straddled ___________.
19. A boa snake can give you a ___________ hug so powerful that crush every single bone in your body.
20. Liver regulates the ___________ of vitamins and sugar in blood by storing them.
21. A tornado is shaped like a ___________ and ___________ wind which whirls around and around ___________ fast.
22. Weather scientist are ___________ to know exactly when tornado will occur.
23. An earthquake is a ___________, rolling or sudden shock of the earth.
24. It causes falling rocks, brick falls, ___________ to gas, the ___________ of the electric time and also ___________.
25. A windmill is used for grinding ___________, pumping water for irrigation and in the past few years for generating ___________.
26. The parts of the air motor are ___________ onto the wind shaft.